Tuesday, November 5, 2013

One month left?! You must be joking...

Hello all!
It has been too long since my last blog post but I've been very busy the last couple weeks since my semester is coming to an end. With projects, papers, and the like, I have not found time to blog.
This is the last week of classes and then finals start next week. I had a group project and paper due this past Monday and have a project due this Thursday...then next Monday I have my only final and I'll be done! It's crazy! What's more crazy than that is there is less than a month left...not cool. Although, I can admit I do miss my family, friends, and country quite a bit at this point. I've been gone for three and a half months!! Something I've also been really missing lately...my closet; I am so sick of wearing the same clothes! Only two suitcases of clothing for four and a half months? It's been fine until about now...but that's not really a big deal, just something I thought I'd mention.
So what's new with Caroline? Well, traveling has become such a huge part of my life now. I feel like I go somewhere every week. New Zealand and Cairns was end of September and beginning of October; we went whale watching in Sydney October 27th; dolphin cruising at Nelson's Bay November 2nd; and my trip to Thailand is in less than a week (leave the 12th). Ah! I'm so seasoned!
whale watching out of Darling Harbor!
I really can't believe I leave Australia so soon. Every time someone mentions it in the group, everyone literally goes, "SHHH! Stop talking!" It's going to be so hard to leave these people. With only 7 of the 14 people going to High Point, half are going far far away to land of the Midwest- no, leave your cheeses and corn stalks for the beautiful North Carolina! It's not thaaaat hard to transfer, right? ....yeah I know, but seriously just do it anyway ;)
I've not only grown to love my fellow roommates but also this country. It may not have my beloved JIF peanut butter or any decent frozen pizza, but it will definitely have a piece of my heart. I've decided, even if it's the last thing I do, that I am coming back sometime in my lifetime! It's absolutely final! It's strange to think I've actually LIVED in AUSTRALIA for the past few months. Like I live here. I can say I've lived in Newcastle, Australia. This is really crazy and incredible to me. I have had absolutely the time of my life here. Another funny thing here is, I really did prepare myself that the time would fly by; oh I knew it would. But this fast?! Wasn't expecting that in the slightest. I leave in three and a half weeks and it still feels like July was yesterday. Oh, and definitely not excited to go back to the cold....Virginia/ North Carolina, please go easy on me. But I guess it will be okay, because every time I'll slip on my UGG boots, I'll think of this lovely place...

No comments:

Post a Comment