Friday, November 29, 2013

The end is here...

I leave tomorrow morning and it's not fun to think about. Don't get me wrong, I'm literally ecstatic to see my family and my dog and be in my home country....but this moment is so bittersweet.

Newcastle will definitely always hold a place in my heart. I love everything about it; it was the perfect place to study abroad! I got to live in an apartment in the main part of a city, a small city, but still! I'm literally a mere fifteen minutes walk to several gorgeous beaches. This has literally been paradise. My roommates- well, I honestly couldn't have asked for better ones. I have met and become very close with some amazing people on this trip....and I never thought I would ever say this but, I might have to make it out to the midwest sometime! I absolutely must see every single one of these people again. One word specifically comes to mind as I say goodbye to each of them....'reunion'- it must happen!

I just want to say how thankful I am for this entire experience- my parents rock! Without them, this would have never happened. Thanks Mom and Dad, you're the best!

Well.....I'm off to sleep as I have a very early airport pick up service tomorrow. Australia, you've treated me quite well. I know it rained all day just because you're sad that I'm leaving! I'll make sure to be back soon!

Durkee Down Under OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment